We all have our favourites when it comes to cakes. But it is always good to try new flavours, especially when they are healthier! Tip – With any of the cake recipes, you can make it sugar free of you replace it with jaggery. For more such amazing recipes visit Foodism’s food recipe blog now! Let’s begin and get ourselves best carrot cake recipe!
- 1 & ½ cups All-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Oil * use flavorless oil
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Carrot grated
- 2-3 tablespoons Walnuts or pecans, chopped (for Garnishing)
- For cream cheese frosting:
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 113 grams or 4 oz Cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- ½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease the 9-inch round cake pan.
- Start by toasting the walnuts. Spread them on the baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes. Let them cool and the chop. Alternately, you can dry roast them in a pan on the stovetop.
- Take dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt) in a bowl. Whisk well till everything is incorporated well.
- In another bowl, take oil and sugar. Whisk using wire whisk for few minutes, you will have a grainy mixture.
- Now add milk, water, vanilla extract and whisk really well.
- Now add half of the flour mixture. Mix using a whisk.
- Then add remaining flour mixture. Start mixing with a whisk and halfway through switch to a spatula and mix till everything comes together. Do scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl while mixing. Do not overmix.
- Now fold grated carrots in the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Spread the cake batter evenly using a spatula.
- Bake into the preheated oven of 25-30 minutes. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, then the cake is ready. Remove it from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Then remove it from the pan by inverting on the rack. Let it cool down completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- While its cooling makes the cream cheese frosting. Take softened butter and cream cheese in a bowl. Whisk till smooth (use wire whisk, do by hand or use a hand mixer or stand mixer with a whisk attachment).
- Now sift the powdered sugar in it, beat it again till smooth, fluffy and shiny. You will feel its spreading consistency. It may take about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add vanilla and beat again till mixed. The frosting is ready.
- Make sure that cake is cooled completely before you start frosting. Add dollop in the center of the cake, spread evenly using a spatula or butter knife.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts.
Now for the recipe with Eggs-
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups (295 ml) canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (190 grams) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups (300 grams) grated peeled carrots, 5 to 6 medium carrots
- 1 cup (100 grams) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) raisins
- 8 ounces (225 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups (140 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) coarsely chopped pecans, for topping cake
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans, line the bottom with parchment paper and then grease the top. Or grease and flour the bottom and sides of both pans.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176C).
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until very well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking after each one.
- Switch to a large rubber spatula. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, then add the dry ingredients in three parts, gently stirring until they disappear, and the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the carrots, nuts, and raisins.
- Divide the cake batter between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool cakes in the pans for 15 minutes, then carefully turn the cake layers out onto cooling racks. Remove the parchment paper and cool completely. If you find that a cake layer is sticking to the bottom of the pan, leave the cake pan upside down and allow gravity to do its thing.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a handheld mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time, until fluffy.
- Pour in the whipping cream. Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the frosting is whipped and creamy. This frosting resembles the texture of whipped cream. Chill covered until ready to frost the cake.
- When the cake layers are completely cool, frost the top of one cake layer, and place the second cake layer on top.
- Add the remaining frosting to the top of the carrot cake and use a butter knife or small spatula to swirl the frosting around. Leave the sides of the cake unfrosted. Finish with a handful of nuts on top.
Now you have the best eggless and egg recipe for easy carrot cake recipe!